Today there are many advanced metabolic profiling tools available on the market which utilize full metabolic labeling to make the process of differentiating between control and experimental cell populations using 95% 13C and 5% 13C-based media simpler. 5% 13C is used to label experimental samples and 95% 13 C is used to label control samples. This effect is achieved through labeling the compounds randomly and universally. 5% 13C and 95% 13C molecules have unique mass pattern. This method has many advantages over the traditional ones that use no label or use heavy or light. The benefits include:
- It removes sample-to-sample variance.
- It can classify all peaks as compounds, or artifacts/noise.
- It is broadly applicable, etc.
Below, we are going to talk about cell culture media to C13 labeled metabolites briefly. Consider going through the rest of the article properly to know more in this regard.
Learn about Cell Culture Media
Cell culture is actually a process by which cells, tissues, or organs removed from an animal or plant, are grown in an artificial environment. The tissues are grown under conditions favorable for their survival and/or proliferation. Here are the basic conditions required for cells to grow optimally: The right growth medium, controlled temperature, a substrate for cell attachment, and an incubator which maintains the appropriate pH & osmolality.
Now, choosing the right growth or culture medium for the in-vitro cultivation is one of the most vital things to take into consideration in cell culture. The culture medium is a gel or liquid that supports the growth of cells. Cell culture media usually has various compounds that regulate the cell cycle and a suitable energy source.
Hope, you have got what cell culture and cell culture media is. Now, let’s take a look at the advantages of 95% and 5% 13C labeling.
Why 95% and 5% 13C Labeling – Learn the Benefits here!
Here are the benefits of 95% and 5% 13C labeling:
- First of all, it helps to eliminate false data. 95% and 5% 13C produces a unique isotopic pattern. It can easily be differentiated from natural abundance non-biological artefacts and noise.
- Second, another main reason to use 95% and 5% 13C is that it removes variances.
- Third, it enables identification. It means you will be able to determine the number of carbons for each metabolite.
- Fourth, you can mix and analyze 95% and 5% 13C samples together, resulting in reduced cost of analysis.
- Fifth, it helps to detect low-intensity features.
Contact IROA Technologies LLC
IROA Technologies LLC is one of the well-reputed metabolomics companies that have made metabolic profiling a lot easier for researchers. Their products include IROA®100 for Yeast and Fungal Metabolic Profiling, IROA®200 for Bacterial Metabolic Profiling, IROA®300 for Mammalian Metabolic Profiling, IROA® Phenotypic Quantitation Kit for Mammalian Metabolic Profiling, etc. You will find detailed information about these metabolic profiling tools on their website. Log on to iroatech.com now to visit their website. To know more about the cell culture media and C13 labeled metabolites, feel free to contact them directly.